A new week equals a new set of daily challenges. By the way, if this isn’t your first time here, thanks for sticking with these challenges for the past five weeks. If this is your first time, WELCOME! follow and share. As per my usual opening, each week I will challenge us to do one of the self-care options below for each day of the upcoming week. I encourage you to keep a journal of each of these tips so they will become a natural part of your regular self-care habits. We hear the word all the time but some of us still ask ourselves; what does self-care mean? I developed a formula to help describe the three main goals of these weekly tips i.e. my formula for self-care.
Building AWARENESS +remaining CONSISTENT +making TIME =an ACT. Building the awareness around self-care habits, making time for self-care and staying consistent is an act of taking care of ourselves.
- SUNDAY-SET A GOAL(emotional self-care): setting goals gives our life purpose and it gives us something to work towards. We have about five weeks left in the year, why not finish the year strong by setting a goal that you can accomplish to end 2020 on a high note. I would suggest writing it down and putting it in an area where you can see it on a daily basis. You are more likely to work towards something if you create a visual.
- MONDAY-YOGA (physical and emotional self-care): i’m not sure why but my hips have been TIGHT for a while now lol. I am assuming it’s related to age, but I don’t know. I just always feel like I can use a really good stretch and Yoga is perfect for that. Yoga is a mind and body practice that aids in weight loss and increases flexibility and strength. I like Yoga but in my opinion it’s not an easy workout, so if it’s your first time, you should try a brief beginners yoga. Like this one on YouTube.
- TUESDAY-SAY NO (emotional self-care): no is a full sentence which means it needs no further explanation. Please use this form of self-care today if you constantly feel like you’re being asked to do something, if you’re constantly being asked for something, or if you feel like you’re always needed. The saying is true, “you can’t pour from an empty cup.” Whenever possible, do what works best for your mental health and your overall well-being.
- WEDNESDAY-REVAMP YOUR BUDGET(emotional self-care): when was the last time you worked on your budget? Do you have a budget? If not, start today. Financial health is important and believe it or not it affects our well-being. Think about it, money can be stressful especially if you’re drowning in bills or if you don’t make enough to cover all your expenses. Take some time today to work on your budget. Having a stable financial plan will help alleviate any stress you may have around money. I created a super simple budget worksheet for you that you can access and print here.
- THURSDAY-THANKSGIVING: enjoy the day with your family.
- FRIDAY-DO SOMETHING CREATIVE (emotional self-care): take today to engage in any hobbies that you are talented at e.g. knitting, sewing, writing, singing, dancing, etc. If you don’t have any hobbies look up some ideas and start it today
- SATURDAY-SLEEP IN (physical and emotional self-care): if you can. I know this might be difficult if you have kids but if you can’t sleep in maybe spend a little extra time in bed relaxing before you get up to start your day. I like to spend my Saturday mornings catching up on my fall shows from the week.
I know these are basic self-care habits. It may not seem like much but little habits can turn into life long routines…if you stay consistent. I’m not perfect with my self-care routine, in fact, I’m doing these challenges each day of the week with you in hopes that I will develop a consistent habit. We are all learning but the goal is to continue take care of ourselves.
Just make sure you do at least one thing on the list. I referenced self-care non-negotiable in this blog. It’s essentially one thing that you’ll do for yourself each day no matter what. It’s the essence of what these weekly blogs are about. This is my way of encouraging all of us to adopt a self-care non-negotiable mindset.
Before I end this blog I want to share this with you. I received some news on Friday that my blog has been selected on feedspot (head over and check out who else is on the list) as one of the top 40 self-love blogs on the web!!! My blog is still in its infancy so this was a HUGE honor and I have you guys to thank for this. Thank You!!
Did you get you get through all seven? Let’s Chat!